I am certified as a doula and a professional doula trainer with Birth Arts International as well as an intuitive healer trained in CranioSacral Therapy and Reiki. I have been serving as a doula for more than a decade. During my time in Oregon, I co-founded a doula agency. In late 2017, I relocated with my family from the mossy forest of Oregon to the warm and sunny landscape of South Florida. I opened Nurtured Village to provide holistic doula care and intuitive healing to the families here.
My passion for birth grew from a love of helping others paired with my own experiences birthing my two children. I understand on a personal level that when a birthing person has the support to get in touch with their intuition and understand their options it’s such a powerful experience.
I love being a trainer for Birth Arts International. BAI is where I began as a new doula and it upholds values that I feel very passionate about. Sharing the knowledge that I have gained and being able to see my students grow into incredible doulas is an honor. I love knowing that as I travel and teach I am leaving behind capable and caring people who are going to make a huge difference in improving birth and postpartum outcomes.
I am constantly seeking knowledge that will benefit my clients and students. Continuing my own education can look like reading the latest books and research to attending workshops and webinars so that I can pass on even more knowledge to my students.
When I am not teaching or working with clients I enjoy spending time with my husband and children, being in nature, practicing yoga, or heading to the beach to
Training and Education
- Birth Arts International – Certified Doula and Trainer
- Spinning Babies Workshop -Gail Tully
- WellMama Volunteer Training (Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Queer Birth Project LGBTQ Positive Birth & Postpartum Doula Training
- Cultural Competency Training– Shafia Monroe Consulting (Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal and Child Health.)
- Inducing Lactation – Hope Lien (Jumpstart to Breastfeeding in Adoption, Surrogacy and Foster Care.)
- Group and Individual Crisis Intervention – UMBC
- CranioSacral 1 & 2– Upledger Institute
- Reiki – Usui Reiki taught by Sam Wilson
- Rebozo – Angelina Martinez Miranda (Traditional Mexican Midwife)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017 (Carol Gray, Elizabeth Davis, Penny Simpkin, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2013 (Michel Odent, Carol Gautchi, Sister MorningStar, Gail Hart, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2009 (Vicki Penwell, Elizabeth Davis, Angelina Martinez Miranda, etc)
- Maui Mama, Issue 44, September – October Issue 2016 Five Ways Doulas Improve Birth.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 107, Autumn 2013 The Mythical Expiration Date.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 104, Winter 2012 Supporting Empowered Births.