Two Days of Live Virtual Learning with Doula Trainer Heathir Brown
When: November 14th & 15th, 8am-3pm pacific
Topics Will Include:
- What is a Doula?
- Advocating and a Doula’s Role
- Communication (with clients, family, and medical staff)
- Small-Group Story Sharing (Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum)
- Exploring Your Beliefs about Birth
- Ethics in Doula Work
- Optimal Fetal Positioning (Using Gravity and Physics in your favor)
- What to Pack in Your Doula Bag
- Birth Videos and Discussion
- Stages of Birth and Your Role in each one
- Using a Peanut Ball for labor progression
- Navigating Inductions
- The Hormones of Labor
- Comfort Positions and Techniques
- Creating Your Authentic Doula Business
- Doula Self Care Planning (avoid burnout!)
- Interview Practice (in breakout groups)
- Time for Q&A
Additional info on Comfort Positions and Techniques
I will be demonstrating (using a member of my family as the demo) and then you will be able to practice them on a friend or family member in your home. I will be taking time for each student to give tips and guidance as we go.
The comfort positions will be taught at a scheduled time so that you can plan to have someone available as your practice person. An optional video conference session to practice positions with a partner will be provided if social distancing or timing kept you from having a partner during the class.
Continuing Education and Certification
- Enrollment in Birth Arts International Certified Doula Online Program- You will begin the curriculum with me, in our virtual training. After the virtual class, you will be enrolled in the BAI doula certification program at no extra costs. This program is self-paced and accessible online. It includes a comprehensive manual, webinars, access to research and up to date content, student groups, and guidance from Global Director Demetria Clark.
- Lifetime Certification- Once you complete the training and the BAI online program you will be a certified Birth Arts International Doula for life! No re-certification, no membership fees, ever.
- Private Mentoring Session – 30 Minute private follow up call with Heathir Brown for any questions you have. This call can be scheduled anytime you wish in the 12 months following class.
- Future In-Person Training – Join me at one of my future classes at no extra charge for a refresh, and a chance to practice the hands-on skills. Once I begin teaching in person again you will be able to attend one in-person version of this class or drop in for the comfort techniques portion at no extra charge.
- Peanut Ball– Your very own peanut ball to practice with and use with your clients. This will be shipped to your home prior to our class date for students who register at least 10 days before the class date.
- Reliable internet access for video conferencing
- A computer that can run Zoom
- Zoom account (this is free to sign up)
- Notebook and pen
- Birth Ball (This can be an exercise ball, I will give more details on sizes after enrollment.)
- Long Scarf, Bed Sheet, Baby Wrap, or Rebozo (Rebozo preferred but use what you have.)
Price of $450 Includes:
- 2-day Virtual Interactive Doula Training
- Birth Arts International Doula Certification Program
- Lifetime Certification after program completion
- Access to Private Student Groups
- Ongoing support from Global Director Demetria Clark
- Private Mentoring Session
- Future in-person training option
- Your very own peanut ball
CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED SO THAT I HAVE TIME AND ATTENTION FOR EACH STUDENT
SIGN UP SOON TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT.